I bought this app because I figured when you purchase something it should be better than a free app especially from NOAA. I work at a racetrack and we rely heavily on knowing when rain is about to hit the track surface. Its never accurate. It will show our entire area is green with rain and its dry or itll be pouring down and showing a clear spot. I get just as good reports from free apps. Wish I could get a refund.
Available in countries
Available for devicesiPhone4, iPad2Wifi, iPad23G, iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini, iPadMini4G, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPadAir, iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6, iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro, iPadProCellular, iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE, iPhone7, iPhone7Plus, iPad611, iPad612, iPad71, iPad72, iPad73, iPad74,
Versions and releases
Latest version NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro: 3.2
Whats new in version 3.2:
Thanks for your feedback from our last release! Your top priorities told us you wanted the map easier to see, to keep your desired map views between app launches, and make it easier to switch between locations. We hope you enjoy these improvements!
Heres whats new in this release:
1) Make the map icons and toolbars smaller so you can see more of the map.
• The red pin is back! Your saved locations now use the original red pin on the map that the old app version used.
• The full-screen button is back! Tap this button (in the lower-left corner of the map) to hide all map tools so you can view the map full-screen.
• Your current location pin icon (when you have it enabled) now uses Apples smaller standard blue dot.
• Your current location weather bug (which was previously the big blue weather info ball on your current location) has been redesigned and now appears in the lower-right corner of the map.
• The map toolbar at the bottom of the screen is smaller and now has a touch of transparency.
2) Map views now persist between app launches so you dont have to keep resetting the map to a desired view (includes map zoom level, the location you were last looking at, the map layers you chose to view, and opacity).
3) In your Bookmarks of saved locations, you can now tap a saved location to quickly go straight to that location on the map.
Whats up next? We are working hard to bring lightning strikes back to the app, and improve the app based on what youre telling us, so please keep your feedback coming!
Apps Changes History:
- 1 week ago: New App Version 3.1 ☛ 3.2
- 3 weeks ago: New App Version 2.1 ☛ 3.1
Live radar not accurate
Needs to be optimized for iOS 10.
USED TO BE GREAT. NOT ANY MORE.
This app was once great. Now it is becoming somewhat unreliable. The widget freezes and does not open sometimes. Because of this it will get no more than three stars from me and will not stay on my phone. Also, it is 7Dec2016. Your last update was in 2015. If youre not going to keep it updated, then get the app out of the store and stop telling lies about this wether app being so great.
Generally very good
Overall I enjoy this app and find it very useful. I do wish the interface was better regarding layers. When multiple storm warnings & aviation layers overlap, there is no easy way to select an individual layer to view.
This app is sleek, fast & uses a very small footprint.
However, I really think it should push text messages & sound loud, audible alerts for tornado watches & warnings, especially warnings! I strongly suggest you integrate the components of your "NOAA Weather Alert" App with this App. The combination of both apps features would create one impressive, powerful app plus it would alluringly eliminate the need to pay for two apps. There are many free weather apps that offer both, radar plus localized weather alerts. I prefer yours because youve kept it simple and fast with a small footprint. However, without the audible alarm facet for tornadoes, I am planning to change to an app that includes it. Please give my suggestion some serious thought and become the most creative weather app hands down! One for which I would gladly pay a small fee.
I love this weather app
I always turn to Hi-Def for an up to date look at the current weather. Absolutely the most vivid & clear view.