This app comes in so handy when we go on wine tasting tours. Either I use it during the tasting to learn about the varieties being served or I use it afterwards to look up the various terms that are used by the winery hosts. I am very much looking forward to having this app available when we go to Europe this fall, so many new varieties to sample.
ASO analyse Pocket Wine Pairing app for iPhone and iPad
Competitors of Pocket Wine Pairing application
|1||Hello Vino: Wine Assistant||10|
|2||MyOwnCorks - For wine lovers||10|
|3||Corkz - Wine Reviews, Database, Cellar Management||10|
|5||Winery Passport - Wine Tasting||10|
|9||Wines - wine notes Lite||10|
|11||Vivino: Wine Made Easy||10|
|14||Puzzli - Incredible Puzzle Fun||10|
|15||iBeer - Drink from your phone||10|
|18||The n°1 Wine App - Wine Advisor||9|
|19||Partender - Bar Inventory||7|
|20||Wine.com - Search & Buy Wine||2|
Available in countries
|Korea, Republic Of||free|
Available for devicesiPhone4, iPad2Wifi, iPad23G, iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini, iPadMini4G, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPadAir, iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6, iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro, iPadProCellular, iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE, iPhone7, iPhone7Plus, iPad611, iPad612, iPad71, iPad72, iPad73, iPad74, iPhone8, iPhone8Plus, iPhoneX,
Versions and releases
Latest version Pocket Wine Pairing: 5.0.2
Many great new features have been added to both the free and upgraded “Pro” version of Pocket Wine Pairing in this update. Here is a summary of the main features:
• Add as many photos as you like for each wine – front and back labels, photo of meal, restaurant wine list, menu, etc.
• Ability to add a limited number of wines to the app.
• Under the My Wines screen heading see your cellar stock, cellar value and the number of wines you have saved to the app.
• Add a cellar location when entering a wine (e.g. Row 1) – enter that location in the search bar to view those wines.
• View your wines in standard or tiled view on iPhone.
• Sort button now includes Styles and Wishlist for added convenience.
• New features make the app look even better on iPad.
• No need to login and the app works offline.
Upgraded “Pro” version
• Unlock all grape varieties to expand your knowledge and repertoire.
• Add an unlimited number of wines to the app.
• Sync across devices – looks great on iPad.
• A full Backup / Restore feature has been added to the More section.
• Saved wines are automatically added to the relevant grape variety.
• See your cellar stock and value for every grape variety, style and search result (including countries, regions and retailers).
• With each meal type in the Food section see your cellar stock for all recommended grape varieties.
• All features are included for a once only purchase price (no monthly or annual charges).
We think you will love this new version of the app, which puts your wines center stage. If you enjoy the app we would really appreciate if you could take a moment to rate it on the App Store. This really helps to get the word out and ultimately will enable us to add more content and features in a faster timeframe. Thanks!
Apps Changes History:
- 7 months ago: New App Version 4.1.1 ☛ 5.0.2
- 2 years ago: New App Version 4.1 ☛ 4.1.1
- 2 years ago: New App Version 4.0.1 ☛ 4.1
- 2 years ago: New App Version 3.2 ☛ 4.0.1
Go to app for wine education
Great for food and wine pairing
Easily the best app for food and wine pairing. The guides for each food type make pairing easy and logical. Im also using the app now as my go to wine journal by adding all the wines I buy.
Great app for wine lovers
Tremendously helpful when it comes to matching food and wine. Amazing variety of different food and grapes including German synonyms like for instance Spätburgunder and Lemberger. Lots of details about wine styles and respective food companions.
Eine Klasse für sich
Unglaublich umfassend und dabei super übersichtlich. Besonders die Empfehlungen welcher Wein zu welchem Essen passt sind große Klasse. Strukturiert, detailliert und mit guten Ausführungen zu jedem Wein. So findet man nicht nur welcher Wein mit dem Essen gut harmoniert sondern lernt auch schnell selber dazu wie Wein und Geschmack funktioniert! Der Speicher für persönliche Favoriten ist dadurch umso nützlicher, ist aber im Gegensatz zu manch schwacher App nicht das Hauptfeature. Uneingeschränkt empfehlenswert!
Practical, useful and very well structured. Better then others out there. Will be using this all the time.
Very good, could be excellent
Given that the most important factor in the expression of a grape is the terroir (soil conditions, other climate-related factors) in which it is grown rather than the varietal itself, it would be great to have the abundant information found in this app to be organized according to region, too. In any case, this is a very good app and well worth the $4 to unlock all of its features. Well done and thanks!
Although I already know a fair bit about wine, I find this app very helpful. It is full of information right at your fingertips, and is a must-have app for any wine novice and/or experienced wine enthusiast. Highly recommended!