This app used to be the most used on my iPhone. With each new iteration, it gets more buggy and more of a battery hog. I can put up with ads but I cant have an app running in the background, causing the phone to heat up and to use about 20% battery level in 5 minutes. Like others Id be happy to pay for the app if it meant the bugs would get worked out and Id be happy to pay a monthly charge premium for ad-free content.
Bleacher Report: Sports news, scores, & highlights ranking history and charts
|819 + 181 10 + 990|
Available in countries
|Korea, Republic Of||free|
Available for devicesiPad2Wifi, iPad23G, iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini, iPadMini4G, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPadAir, iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6, iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro, iPadProCellular, iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE, iPhone7, iPhone7Plus, iPad611, iPad612,
Versions and releases
Latest version Bleacher Report: Sports news, scores, & highlights: 5.1
What’s New in Bleacher Report 5.1?
• Call in the closer. You can once again save articles. Weve also kept all your previously saved articles warm for you. Just open your bookmarks.
• Stoking the Fire. Were laser focused on improving your experience watching videos in the app (especially on Fire). Let us know what you think of our latest improvements.
• Team colors and icons. Trust in the process. Were working on improving all icons, colors, and the rest. Weve got hundreds of fixes in this latest release.
If you have any questions about Bleacher Report and/or are interested in becoming a beta tester for future versions, please email: [email protected]
What was new in Bleacher Report 5.0?
• New app, who dis? We’ve retired the Team Stream jersey (its proudly hanging in the rafters). Meet the Bleacher Report app! Don’t fret. Your teams, your leagues, your players, and the rest will all be waiting for you after you upgrade. Everything is the same, only better (like Westbrook this season).
• New look & feel. We’ve rebuilt the app with a focus on making sure it’s the best place to watch highlights, get breaking news alerts, check the latest scores, and follow live games. Let’s just say the scouts were in awe of our combine performance.
• Check Out *Fire*. We’re officially heating up. The best videos from Bleacher Report, House of Highlights, and the rest of the internets are always one-tap away. Just in time for the NBA Playoffs, MLB season, NFL Draft, and more.
Apps Changes History:
- 1 week ago: New App Version 5.0.1 ☛ 5.1
- 4 weeks ago: New App Version 5.0 ☛ 5.0.1
- 1 month ago: New App Version 4.12.2 ☛ 5.0
- 2 months ago: New App Version 4.12.1 ☛ 4.12.2
- 2 months ago: New App Version 4.12 ☛ 4.12.1
- 3 months ago: New App Version 4.11.2 ☛ 4.12
- 5 months ago: New App Version 4.11.1 ☛ 4.11.2
- 5 months ago: New App Version 4.11.0 ☛ 4.11.1
- 5 months ago: New App Version 4.11.1 ☛ 4.11.0
- 5 months ago: New App Version 4.11.0 ☛ 4.11.1
Once great...now awful
I dont know why anyone would give this app a bad rating, but some did. I read it every day, both on my cell and my Mac. The scope of coverage is great and the specific articles I like are great. Its a must have, IMHO.
Each update gets worse
Cant watch videos in landscape mode. Too many glitches when clicking articles and trying to scroll. Too many ads. Too many articles that appear on the feed that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my teams or sports. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the app automatically adds streams for me-I dont want this because there are already too many irrelevant articles. Scrolling on "slideshows" gets extra glitchy. One good thing- the update that got rid of clicking through slideshows and transitioned to scrolling was a good move(much faster and efficient). Please fix bugs and dont crowd the feed.
WAS A Great App
Its a shame to see an app that was once so good and a go too somehow get worse. You would think with all the money they make from ads that they would be able to produce an app up to their old standards. I have used this app for years and used to swear by it, now it seems every time I use it, I quit because of how "crappy" or glitchy it has become. Before when you wanted news on your teams, you got it with no bull and no ads annoying the crap out of you. Now all I do is find myself complaining that this doesnt load, that doesnt load, another ad here, another there. Could the developer(s) become anymore sell-outish. I dont care what Verizon has to offer me, I dont care how much a papa johns pizza is; I want sports news and updates. I would rather pay 99 cents or whatever to get the old app and news when and where you want it back. Now I just find myself quitting the app due to having to watch 30 second ads for a 10 second highlight. Heck, I wasted enough of my time writing this review. And dont get fooled, its not like their updates really help. Yea they got rid of the crazy annoying automatic ad playing in the background but thats about it. Still just gets worse and worse each update. Guess its just too much to ask for now-a-days. Rant over.
Normally a fan of the app but recently its been draining my battery quickly and causing my phone to heat up. I have the iPhone 7 and havent experienced this from any other apps
The last update or the past couple of months, this app is just killing my battery on my 6s+. Probably all the crappy autoplay ads. Thank goodness I have unlimited data.
About to delete....
I do like this app a lot but ever since the last update it seems to drain my battery by at least 20% within a minute or two. Plus Ive noticed my phone heats up rather quickly and as I scroll up or down through the articles it seems to lag. Before this last update Ive never had a problem or issue with this app. Would be nice if you guys could address these issues and fix it. Thanks.