I agree with all these negative reviews, but this "upgrade" is so bad it deserves to be piled on. Taking the efficient app and making it inefficient should be a capital crime in the software world. Deleted this now-maddening app.
The Weather Channel Max ranking history and charts
|19 Oct||18 Oct||21 Oct||22 Oct||23 Oct|
|129 + 871||129 0||114 + 15||120 -6||102 + 18|
ASO analyse The Weather Channel Max app for iPhone and iPad
Competitors of The Weather Channel Max application
Available in countries
Available for devicesiPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPodTouchFourthGen, iPad2Wifi, iPad23G, iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini, iPadMini4G,
Versions and releases
Latest version The Weather Channel Max: 7.3.2
Thank you for being a MAX customer. After this update (details below), we are discontinuing support of this app. But, for your valued loyalty, wed love to offer you one ad-free year in the flagship version of our app.
To activate this offer, simply update your MAX app (for the last time!) and click “Install Free App” on the pop-up prompt that appears when you open the app.
If you prefer to continue using the MAX app, you are welcome to do so. In fact, this release is packed with lots of new features you’ll love. Highlights:
• Complete redesign: You’ll notice the design is more modern and we’ve moved away from our current “button” navigation to a scroll.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Morning Show: Watch “The Lift,” a 6-minute show that’s exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Domenica Davis, and Ari Sarsalari as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
• 15-day forecasts: We are always pursuing the perfect forecast, and the science just got better. Introducing 15-day forecasts that you can rely on.
• Flu and Pollen reports: Know the flu and pollen levels near you--just tap on the health module for details.
Please note: this will be the last update for this app, and some of our features (such as alerts) are no longer supported by MAX.
Apps Changes History:
- 1 year ago: New App Version 5.3.1 ☛ 7.3.2
When upgrades are downgrades
update- I still want a refund!
I have been using other apps. I still want a refund. Very disappointed with your mega Corp. Your forecasts were usually wrong 90% of the time. 90% chance of rain usually meant no rain, or you would change it ever other hour. I think Ill spend my money on the Farmers Almanac. At least Ill have better odds knowing the forecast. (past post) I paid for this app and now you are removing it??? What a bunch of crap. I want my money back. Why did I have to buy it! What a scam. WeatherMax is max-fraud. Is this a joke? Have you seen the reviews?
Its a shame...
The Weather Channel Max app with zero ads and a great experience was certainly worth the one-time $4.99 purchase price. Now TWC wants us to pay an annual subscription to remove the ad clutter they insisted on injecting into the modern app? Sure, I understand the developers need a paycheck and all that good stuff, but thats why we bought the Max app in the first place; we already paid for a great experience. An annual subscription fee is outrageous! You messed up, TWC.
This new version is awful. I am now checking other sites to get additional information, like My Radar. Who came up with this new version? Did he/she get a bonus? It should be taken back. Its not easy to look at, and cheap looking. Very disappointing. Fix it. Bring the old one back.
What you need
This is all the weather info you need in a quick intuitive app. I have the cities I travel between all programmed in and can see the varying weather with a simple side scroll. Thanks!
Im not even going to ask what is going on with TWC Max. To me its okay to release new versions but, please, make previous versions available.
Just trying to scare people for ratings.
So many people have already harpooned this sick Whale that I wont bother going into my distaste for the directions the Weather Channel is going.